Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How To Be Happy

Everyone has a definition of what happiness is, and what makes one happy and how one can lead a happy life. I got into a discussion recently about what happiness really is, so my little curious mind set to work asking questions and yes, googling what happiness is and what makes one happy. Well i can successfully report that there are more than a hundred thousand definitions and tips on how to be happy. That should mean a whole lot of happy people right? Maybe...

However it would seem happiness is a very elusive concept that has us all searching for something meaningful, some happiness-inducing tonic that will make us happy and allow us to stay that way.
I have asked myself over the years what it is to be happy? After many sleepless nights spent debating this question I finally came up with an answer:
Happiness is a personal journey unique to each person, I suppose the secret would be to be truly honest with oneself and find out what really makes one deliriously happy. Honestly we can only do so much googling before we realise that's not where we will find our answers.
My happiness lies in the simple things like walking barefoot in the rain or listening to music or just being around the people I love.

I think it's time we all took that leap of faith and find our happiness

Peace, love and happiness
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment