Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Nightmare

I had a dream, a nightmare to be exact. At the time it seemed so real, and yet somehow seemed like something out of a supernatural episode. Maybe it was, whatever.
It scared me, the creature from my nightmare. It was dark and foreboding and it seemed to want to find a pathway to my soul. A place to hide, a place to own. There I was unable to awaken, unable to move, it looked into my eyes as it tried to take a piece of my soul.

Somehow I'm finally able to move and just like that I'm wide awake, jolted upright. My heart tries to leap out of my chest, I can hear the blood pumping in my ears, I'm drenched in a cold sweat. I look around cautiously, afraid of what I might see. I see something in the corner of my eye, I turn my head slowly and see a jacket hanging on the knob of my cupboard.
A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I wipe the sweat from my face. Suddenly my fridge starts to hum and I almost scream out in fright, outside somewhere a police car whizzes by, a drunk guy sings out loud and stumbles over some rubble. All these sounds, so confusing, so scary.

My fear is real and I wonder if I will sleep again tonight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment